Saturday 27 December 2008

American Wife

I have followed the career of the young American writer, Curtis Sittenfeld, ever since I read Prep a few years ago, so I was delighted when I received her new novel American Wife as a Christmas present and I didn't even drop any hints!

Prep is a contemporary version of the classic boarding school book. I thought it was highly original and extremely well-written although it may not be everybody's cup of tea.* I really liked her second book, The Man of My Dreams, too. I'll let you know how I get on with American Wife. It has over 500 pages so I may be a while ...

* Prep does have a couple of very descriptive sex scenes;-)

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I have just bought this and so will be most interested in your thoughts

Vintage Reading said...

Elaine, I loved it. Hope you do to! Nicola

PattisPages said...

The Man of My Dreams is still my favorite of the three.

PattisPages said...

The Man of My Dreams is still my favorite of the three.

Vintage Reading said...

Patti, I think Sittenfeld is a very promising young talent and I can't wait to see what she publishes next.